In 2012, The Hotchkiss School had to completely replace and upgrade their central heating plant. This presented a unique opportunity to take a major step toward achieving climate commitment goals, while providing a stronger integration between the mission of the community and ongoing education opportunities in sustainability and environment.
Josh talked with me about more than just Biomass however. We discuss:
* The role of a sustainability department or director
* How & Why this project could just as easily have been “business as usual”
* The importance of being honest with community & clients about this topic
* How this project and other projects have been connected to the classroom/curriculum
* What has changed as the school and the community have become more sophisticated about sustainability
* The challenge of following up from a BIG project or BIG win.
I hope you enjoy our discussion.
For more information on this topic, go to
DON’T FORGET TO LEAVE A COMMENT!